Welcome to Your Guide for Pharmacy Technician Schools
PharmacyTechnicianSchools.com is the perfect jumping off point to a fulfilling career as a pharmacy technician. We offer all the information you need to get started on your journey to a new career - from how to choose the pharmacy technician school that's right for you to applying for jobs and working as a pharmacy technician.
Finding a pharmacy technician program in or near your area is easy with our state-by-state listings. Find your state below to locate a great program near you, and get started on your new career TODAY!
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- Washington, DC
- West Virginia
Pharmacy technicians help pharmacists provide prescription medication to customers or health professionals. A rewarding career that allows you to make a positive difference in people's lives, most pharmacy technicians work in retail pharmacies, hospitals and other medical facilities.
Typical job duties include:
- Measure and mix amounts of medication for prescriptions
- Package and label prescription medications
- Assist customers by answering simple questions, locating items or referring them to the pharmacist for medication information
- Establish and update patient profiles, including lists of medications taken by individual patients
These are just a few of a pharmacy technician's day-to-day activities. For more information on a career as a pharmacy technician, visit our Pharmacy Technician Jobs & Job Description page.
While some pharmacy technicians may enter the profession with only a high school diploma and a job that offers on-the-job training, the most effective route to higher-paying pharmacy technician positions is by completing a pharmacy technician certification program. In fact, some states require pharmacy technician certification before allowing individuals to begin working as a pharmacy tech.
There are hundreds of fully accredited pharmacy tech programs all across the country. With so many options to choose from, how do you find the school that's right for you?
When you're considering your program options, it's important to keep a few key factors in mind, including:
- Is the pharmacy technician training program accredited?
- Does this program accommodate your state's regulation requirements?
- Does the program offer online or evening classes that fit into your schedule?
- Where is the program located?
- How much does the program cost?
- How will you obtain the hands-on experience required for pharmacy technician certification?
- How long will it take to complete the program and begin working?
Selecting the right program is a critical step in your journey to becoming a pharmacy technician, and we have all the information you need to get started.