Nevada Pharmacy Tech Schools & Certification
Nevada Pharmacy Tech schools and certification offers prospective pharmacy technicians a pathway to a rewarding career. The individual that wants to work in the industry must meet state requirements to work as a pharmacy technician.
Another crucial aspect of having a career in the pharmacy technician profession is receiving the required certification. It all begins with choosing a school that offers a pharmacy technician program that meets those specific guidelines when considering the Nevada Pharmacy Technician programs. Some schools may suit the specific needs of a student more than another school, such as in the case of time restrictions, or the location of a particular school. One factor that cannot be decided by a student is the certification requirements for individuals that want to work as a Nevada pharmacy technician.
It is important that anyone that is exploring a career as a pharmacy tech understands the requirements in the State of Nevada for pharmacy technicians. When a person researches schools to complete a pharmacy technician program, it is important to make sure that the program meets the Nevada Pharmacy Technician certification requirements.
It is also important that students understand that if a program does not meet the certification requirements for the State of Nevada, then the student risks paying money for tuition, fees, and other related costs, and then not being able to have a pharmacy technician career. The Nevada State Board of Pharmacy reveals that it has a duty to regulate the practice of pharmacy, and to enforce its mission, which is to ‘carry out and enforce the provisions of Nevada law to protect the health, safety, and welfare of the public.'
The Nevada State Board of Pharmacy lists the requirements for an individual to be issued a certificate of registration. Some requirements for the pharmacy tech certification application include:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must not have been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor that involves moral turpitude, dishonesty, or unlawful possession, sale, or use of drugs
- Must have no history of drug abuse
The individual must also have complied with at least one of the following:
- Completed 1,500 hours in Nevada as a registered pharmaceutical technician-in-training
- Graduated from a school accredited by the American Society of Health System Pharmacists (ASHP) and have completed 350 hours in Nevada as a registered pharmaceutical technician-in-training
- Graduated from a school in another state that is not accredited by ASHP and have passed the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board's (PTCB) national examination
- Successfully completed a program of training for pharmaceutical technicians conducted by a branch of the Armed Forces of the United States, the Indian Health Service of the United States Department of Health and Human Services or the United States Department of Veterans Affairs
- Is licensed or registered as a pharmaceutical technician in a state that licenses or registers pharmaceutical technicians if the requirements for registration in that state are equivalent to the requirements of this State, and the successful completion of at least 240 hours of employment as a pharmaceutical technician in a pharmacy in that state which must be verified by the managing pharmacist of the pharmacy
These requirements, taken directly from the Nevada State Board of Pharmacy, reveal the importance of making sure that a school attended meets these requirements.
There is a great job outlook for pharmacy technicians through 2029, with the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) indicating that there is an expected job growth of more than 15,000 new jobs in the near future. The median salary for pharmacy technicians in 2019 was $16.32 per hour.
There is even better news, with the 2020 annual median salary on some sites listed at more than $36,000 in Nevada. Perhaps as job growth continues, the salary will continue to increase as well. The first step is to meet the certification requirements of the State of Nevada.
Las Vegas, NV
|CSN Charleston Campus
|Las Vegas, NV (Online)
|Milan Institute Las Vegas, Nevada
|Las Vegas, NV
|Northwest Career College
|Las Vegas, NV (Online)
|Pima Medical Institute - Las Vegas
|Las Vegas, NV
|Milan Institute Reno-Sparks, Nevada